For the burgers:
1 lime, zest and juice reserved for dressing
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. ground turmeric
1 tsp. ground coriander
½ tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. hot paprika
1 cup (15g) cilantro, chopped
¼ cup (30g) panko breadcrumbs
½ tsp. salt
1.1 lbs. (500g) lean ground beef
½ tsp. black pepper
For the salad:
reserved lime juice
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. honey
1 red chili, deseeded, chopped
3 tbsp. cashews, chopped
4 baby gem lettuce, trimmed, sliced
4 green onions, sliced
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C). Prepare a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Place the lime zest, all the spices and half the chopped cilantro into a large bowl. Mix in the panko breadcrumbs and season with salt. Add the ground beef and season with black pepper, then mix with your hands to form 4 burgers roughly ⅓ inch (1cm) thick.
- Place the burgers onto the earlier prepared tray, place the sheet into the hot oven and bake on the middle shelf until cooked through, approximately 18-20 minutes.
- While the burgers cook, prepare the salad dressing. In a medium bowl, combine half the lime juice, olive oil and honey with the remaining cilantro, half the cashews and half the chili. Set aside.
- Place the lettuce in a bowl with the green onions, pour over the salad dressing and stir to combine.
- To serve, divide the burgers and salad between 4 plates. Sprinkle with the remaining cashews and chili and serve with additional lime wedges (optional).
Let us know if you try this recipe! For more recipes and help with your Nutrition, contact a Coach today!