Meal prep is a great way to be healthy and save money. The key is to make sure that you’re properly prepared, starting with having a well-stocked pantry and freezer.
Make a list of simple recipes for your balanced meals
Start by making a list of simple recipes for your balanced meals. Include lean protein, vegetables and healthy fats in each meal to keep you full longer. For example:
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with berries or eggs and avocado on toast
- Lunch: Chicken salad with lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber slices on whole grain bread or wrap; 1 ounce of nuts (cashews are high in protein)
- Dinner: Steamed salmon served over brown rice or quinoa with broccoli cooked in olive oil
Create a shopping list of all the ingredients you’ll need to make these recipes.
To start, it’s important to create a shopping list of all the ingredients you’ll need to make these recipes. When you’re at the store, focus on buying real, natural, whole foods in their most basic form–like fresh produce and meat rather than prepackaged processed foods. You should also buy enough ingredients so that you can make more than one meal at once (this will save time later).
Finally, when possible buy the best quality ingredients you can afford; if something isn’t worth spending extra money on now then it might not be worth eating later! Make sure you have all of your ingredients before starting cooking so that nothing gets forgotten or wasted during prep time!
Get an efficient setup going by setting aside one day each week to prep your meals.
Set aside one day each week to prep your meals. If you’re a busy person, this can be a huge help. Not only will it save you time in the long run (no more last-minute trips to the grocery store!), but it will also ensure that you always have healthy food on hand when hunger strikes.
The best way to make the most of your prep time is by planning ahead and preparing as many meals as possible in advance. You’ll find yourself with extra money in your pocket, since buying groceries for just one or two days at a time can add up quickly!
Enjoy! It’s easy to maintain a healthy lifestyle when you have healthy meal prep planned out ahead of time.
Meal prep is easy, fun and can help you stick to your diet. You’ll be surprised at how much time and money it saves you as well!
Here are some of the benefits of meal prep:
- Eating healthy is easier when you have healthy meals planned out ahead of time.
- Meal prepping saves money since you’re buying less snacks or fast food in between meals because they’re already prepared for the week in advance.
- It also helps prevent overeating on unhealthy foods because those items won’t be sitting around tempting you all day long!
The benefits of planning ahead and prepping your meals are many, including saving time and money in the long run. So go ahead: Start small with one meal per week, then work your way up until you’re ready to commit a little more effort.
If you need a little extra guidance, don’t hesitate to reach out! Contact a Coach today!