Every week I sit down with prospective members looking for help with their health and fitness. We meet one on one to just chat so I can get to know them a little better and find out if our services would be a good fit for them.
As we chat about goals and preferences, and I go over what it is that we do. For those who don’t know, we are a Strength based gym and we provide custom plans for people to improve their health, build muscle and regain or maintain independence in their daily lives. Very often someone will state that they “Don’t want to get too bulky.” or something to that effect. So I want to dive into widespread concern and unravel the truth behind the curtain of muscle.
- The notion that weight training magically transforms you into a mountain of muscle.
- Let’s be clear, folks – transforming into a bodybuilder isn’t an accidental overnight metamorphosis. It’s like worrying that one spin class will turn you into an Olympic cyclist. The idea of ‘bulky’ muscles is akin to thinking that baking a batch of cookies will instantly turn you into a pastry chef.
- Getting ‘bulky’ isn’t a side effect; it’s a dedicated endeavor. Think of it as akin to training to be an astronaut. Just because you ride a roller coaster doesn’t mean you’re ready for zero gravity.
Benefits of Weight Training
- The misconception robs many of the benefits of weight training.
- Weight training isn’t just for bodybuilders; it’s a playground of wonders. Imagine a toolkit that gives your metabolism a nudge, your bones a high-five, and your functional strength a hearty handshake. And yes, it might sculpt your muscles too – but remember, we’re talking Michelangelo’s David, not the Jolly Green Giant.
- It’s like worrying that adding a dash of salt will turn your dish into a salt mine. No, my friend, it enhances the flavors of life. Weight training is your seasoning for health.
What we do: During our initial consultations we set goals that match the persons desires. We aren’t in the business of turning people into monsters. We are in the business of helping people build healthier, sustainable habits and enjoy going to the gym. We are in the business of holding people accountable to be successful and making exercise a part of their daily routine. We don’t just aim blindly. We use our expertise and a habits based approach to help people build muscle, lose fat and improve their lives.
When they tell us they recently went to the doctor and the doctor took them off medication for the first time in months or years, that is a major win for us and our clients. When they tell us they recently went on a long hike and didn’t have to stop once, that’s a win for us! We love to celebrate our clients wins and help them along their journey.
At Marble Strength, this is a team effort. We are committed to getting our members amazing results because they deserve it and they deserve a team that is dedicated to just that!
Don’t let the fear of ‘bulky’ muscles get in your way of a better life. This myth is perpetuated by misunderstood notions and overblown expectations. It’s like worrying that opening a novel will immediately turn you into Shakespeare. Knowing how to move your body and move your body while carrying objects is all part of your daily life. You might as well strengthen the muscles and your body you are going to use everyday so that you can live a longer, stronger life!
If you’d like to learn how we can help you live a happier life and do the things you want to do, book a free consultation here Click Here!